Coaching and Mentoring
The purpose of this workshop is to help individuals improve their coaching skills enabling them to incorporate coaching into their everyday business practice. They will do so by learning three models that support different aspects of a coaching conversation, by taking several opportunities to practice coaching, and by working on a real-life scenario they are currently struggling with.
This workshop is highly interactive; participants are expected to work throughout the session on fictitious scenarios as well as on their own real-life scenario. Furthermore, the workshop’s emphasis on discovery through experience is designed to evoke an emotional response in participants, resulting in a powerful learning experience that will enable them to identify opportunities for development.
By the end of seminar participants will
• Learn about behaviours and attributes of someone who coaches effectively
• Understand the importance of coaching and its impact on the company’s high-performance culture
• Find out about different models for coaching and feedback
• Be informed of principles of active listening
• Know how to conduct meaningful and effective coaching conversations
• Respond to common coaching challenges.
What we would do
The teaching methodology of this seminar combines formal theoretical instruction with frequent reference to real case scenarios. The course is intended to be practical and interactive, with delegates being encouraged to ask questions.